Simon Akers, the founder of Archmon, has presented a webinar of using affiliate marketing to build brand awareness in the Publisher Discovery series.
With the development of the digital world, buyers are accelerating the shift to Ecommerce from bricks & mortar shopping. The changes of customers’ behaviour have affected the way of business building up their brand awareness. The marketing strategy of affiliate marketing has been naturally evolved from digital innovation.
Why affiliate marketing? Affiliate marketing is a natural by-product of the opportunities of the internet, rewarding websites with decent traffic volumes with commission for driving sales from ads.
However, challenges emerge between brand and performance. Businesses may find it difficult to balance between building brand awareness with digital marketing promotion as well as balance between traditional marketing ways such as radio, press and out-of-home with digital (affiliate marketing, SEO, PPC and social). It is recommended to spilt brand:activation into 60:40 (Field & Binet, The Long & The Short of it/Digit Marketing Effectiveness 2013/2016, IPA). This is because brand activity grows audience and performance channels capture sales while performance is easier to track and can help the business to diversify revenue and build brand awareness.
What are the opportunities through affiliate marketing?
- On-brand partnerships – match the products to the audience environment
- Don’t ignore free awareness – fuel the brand needs with CPA or tenancy
- Locality drives resonance – tap into locale through local listing publishers
- Utilise tenancies for strong push – support conversion and brands
- Know the key brand moments – capture moments for brand marketing activations
- Make BFF with the agency – navigate agency dynamics to unlock opportunities
I am Carine (Yongpian Cai), a marketing intern in Archmon.
Hope you find the content useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further help.